APLIC was formed in 1968 with a grant from the Population Council, under the auspices of the Carolina Population Center. Fifteen population and reproductive health information specialists, librarians, and documentalists met to identify common aims and challenges, promote cooperation, and develop shared systems and tools. For over four decades, APLIC has served as a valuable network for ideas and materials exchange.
- A forum for sharing professional interests, experience, and knowledge.
- A source for guidance on technical questions and issues.
- A means for enhancing research collections and expertise.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for:
- Capacity and community building among population and reproductive health communication, information, and resource professionals.
- Worldwide professional networking for the exchange of ideas, information, and resources.
- Professional development and continuing education.
- Innovating effective documentation and information systems and services in the fields of population and reproductive health.
APLIC activities and programs: